When using crystals for healing, most times the term Chakra is brought into the mix. For those who are not familiar with the term Chakra, it is a term for seven places in the body that are points of energy. Each of those seven points have spinning energy that empower parts of the body, such as body, mind and spirit. When those points become blocked, you can become quite ill. Knowing what stones are used for each of the seven chakras can help clear those blockages and promote healthier living.
The seven chakra points are:
- Brow/Third Eye
- Solar Plexus
In other diagrams there are other points just above and below the head and feet of the body. Adding the higher crown, higher heart and earth points. Each of the chakra points have several stones that are assigned to it, each having wonderful qualities to help promote what type of energies you want to fill your chakras with.
Breaking down the Chakra points:
- Root Chakra: Represents our foundation and feeling of being grounded.
- Location: Base of spine in tailbone area.
- Emotional issues: Survival issues such as financial independence, money and food.
- Sacral Chakra: Our connection and ability to accept others and new experiences.
- Location: Lower abdomen, about two inches below the navel and two inches in.
- Emotional issues: Sense of abundance, well-being, pleasure and sexuality.
- Solar Plexus Chakra: Our ability to be confident and in control of our lives.
- Location: Upper abdomen in the stomach area.
- Emotional issues: Self-worth, self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Heart Chakra: Our ability to love.
- Location: Center of chest just above the heart.
- Emotional issues: Love, joy and inner peace.
- Throat Chakra: Our ability to communicate.
- Location: Throat.
- Emotional issues: Communication, self-expression of feelings and the truth.
- Third Eye Chakra: Our ability to focus and see the big picture.
- Location: Forehead between the eyes (also called the Brow Chakra).
- Emotional issues: Intuition, imagination, wisdom and the ability to think and make decisions.
- Crown Chakra: The highest chakra represents our ability to be fully connected spiritually.
- Location: The very top of the head.
- Emotional issues: Inner and outer beauty, our connection to spirituality and pure bliss.
I personally use “The Crystal Bible Volume 1 &2” to guide myself through finding the right crystals to use for each of my chakra points depending on what energies I want to promote. I’ve found some great places where you can buy a chakra healing kit that carries all of the main stones needed to cleanse your chakras, they come in a neat pouch with instructions for use and for cleansing the stones themselves. You’re probably wondering what I mean by cleansing the stones? Well believe it or not, crystals can only suck up so much negative energy from your body, meaning that they need to be cleansed themselves. That is something I will touch on more in another blog.